I hosted a discussion on the Information Literate University on Infolit iSchool (in the virtual world, Second Life (SL) on 26 Feb 2008. I started by introducing this concept, developed by me and Bill Johnston (Strathclyde University) and the discussion progressed from there. There were librarians from the UK and USA and also one student (from another university).
- The background handout is at http://dis.shef.ac.uk/sheila/ILU-SL.pdf (this was given out as a notecard in SL)
- The transcript of the discussion is at http://sleeds.org/chatlog/?c=236. N.B. I am Sheila Yoshikawa in Second Life.
- There are a couple of references listed in the handout, which are:
- - Webber, S. and Johnston, B. (2006) “Working towards the information literate university.” In Walton, G. and Pope, A. (Eds) Information literacy: recognising the need. Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent: 17 May 2006. Oxford: Chandos. pp 47-58. http://dis.shef.ac.uk/sheila/staffs-webber-johnston.pdf
- - Webber, S. and Johnston, B. (2004) “Perspectives on the Information Literate University.” SCONUL focus, (33). http://www.sconul.ac.uk/publications/newsletter/33/12.pdf