Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Second Life and Inquiry Based Learning

On Monday I presented a poster as part of the Centre for Inquiry Based Learning in the Arts and Social Sciences (CILASS) summer fair at Sheffield University. It was on Second Life and Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) (this embeds the pdf version that I uploaded to slideshare):

At the fair there were posters on Inquiry Based Learning activities in numerous other Departments of my university (such as Law, English and Engineering). I have mentioned them before, but there are case studies online http://www.shef.ac.uk/cilass/cases/projectlist.html, some of which have an information literacy aspect. There was also a display from the librarians at Sheffield University and a poster about Sheffield's Information Literacy Network.

I'll also mention that I created a 3D version (in Second Life) of the framework for Inquiry Based Learning that has been developed through research by Philippa Levy (CILASS Director), and I recorded a screencast giving a short tour of the virtual 3D model a few weeks ago. This is the same model that you can see on my poster in 2D form.

No comments: