Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Online Digital Literacy Forum , November 14th (this is my 2250th post!)
"Creating a Culture of Learning will explore how information professions can stay ahead of or on the learning curve with our students, colleagues and patrons as new devices, software and Internet-enabled services emerge. It is part of a series that began at the 2012 ALA Annual Conference and will continue in December with a discussion on assessing digital literacy." Speakers are:
- Caroline Haebig, instructional technology coordinator, Adlai E. Stevenson High School.
- Jamie Hollier, a technology, project management, and library consultant
- Gwyneth Jones, aka The Daring Librarian, a middle-school teacher librarian at Murray Hill Middle School in Laurel, Maryland.
- Bobbi Newman, aka Librarian by Day, currently enrolled at Iowa State University pursuing her second master’s degree.
- Anu Vedantham, who directs the Weigle Information Commons at the University of Pennsylvania Libraries.
"Join the conversation by watching a live-stream of the panelists on YouTube and chatting with other viewers and tweeting with the hash tag #digilit12. Questions and comments will be submitted to panelists throughout the program. The URL for the YouTube broadcast will be tweeted and posted to the District Dispatch by 6:30 p.m. EST, at the latest. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org." More details at: http://www.districtdispatch.org/2012/11/oitp-confirms-speakers-for-culture-of-learning-in-online-digital-literacy-forum-november-14/
Photo by Sheila Webber, taken in Second Life.