Monday, February 24, 2014

Comment on the new draft ACRL standards! #ACRLILRevisions

The draft Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education which will update the Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education (commonly called the ACRL information literacy standards) has been published. The current document contains the Introduction and Three Threshold Concepts plus a Glossary and Bibliography. In early April they will also release Additional Threshold Concepts and Sample Scenarios
They are open for comment until April 15. Whilst the primary target for these standards are people in North America, the ACRL standards have been very influential elsewhere and as far as I can see they would welcome feedback from people elsewhere in the world. Since I am up to my eyes in work at the moment I haven't read through the document, but I will do so shortly, and aim to organise some discussion around it. Go to the following page for more information and links http://acrl.ala.org/ilstandards/?page_id=133
Photo by Sheila Webber: someone had placed a rose in a tree trunk that I pass on the way to work; it lasted several days.

No comments: