Tuesday, November 18, 2014
cfp CAPAL Conference 2015: Academic Librarianship and Critical Practice
● Critical approaches to core practices: information literacy, collections, description, archives, scholarly communication, UX, copyright, metrics, technology, etc.
● Critical reflections on core values: intellectual freedom, (open) access, privacy, preservation, professionalism, etc.
● Critical reflections on professional issues: LIS education, deprofessionalization, governance, advocacy, etc.
● Intersections of librarianship with social and global justice, equity, decolonization
● Librarianship and higher education in relation to neoliberalism, austerity, and other socioeconomic phenomena
● Critical library research practice and/or methodologies
● Critical approaches to librarianship and culture
● Critical reflections on working in and across different disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and beyond
● Critical theory and philosophy in librarianship
More info at http://capalibrarians.org/capal-conference-2015/
Photo by Sheila Webber: late autumn flower, 2014