An interesting open access book was published last month. You can download it or read it online.
Farrell, H. & McCarthy, K. (Eds.) (2026). Manifesto for Generative AI in Higher Education: The Book Project: A living reflection on teaching, learning, and technology in an age of abundance. Pressbooks. https://pressbooks.pub/mfaihe/
It addresses the question "What kind of education do we want to create in a world where GenAI is readily available?" It consists of 30 chapters, each of which is prompted by a manifesto statement (which becomes the chapter title). The chapters I've read are stimulating and good starting points for discussion or action.
I will highlight the chapter coauthored by my longtime writing partner, Bill Johnston:
Johnston, B., MacNeill, S. & Smyth, K. The future classroom is a conversation, and it can be extraordinary. https://pressbooks.pub/mfaihe/chapter/the-future-classroom-is-a-conversation-and-it-can-be-extraordinary/
Photo by Sheila Webber: tree near the cablecar station, Zagreb, I think it's a beech, September 2026
Curating information literacy stories from around the world since 2005 - - - Stories identified, chosen and written by humans!
Tuesday, October 06, 2026
Manifesto for Generative AI in Higher Education
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment