Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015: celebrating 10 years of the Information Literacy Weblog

I missed marking 10 years of this blog (the anniversary was in September) so I'll take this opportunity to mention it. In fact, the original Information Literacy Weblog started a few years earlier, using a blog application on the server here at Sheffield, but that got hacked. Therefore we started again in 2005: to begin with Stuart Boon was my co-blogger, but as he moved to Strathclyde University, I became sole blogger soon after.
Apart from the photos, my aim is to make an information blog rather than a personal statement: however it obviously is personal in that I chose what to blog. I have decided to mark 10 years by changing the strapline. I thought I might as well embrace the current trend to call any activity that in some way involves selection "curation", so it's now "Curating information literacy stories from around the world since 2005".
Thanks to everyone who has continued to read the blog and I hope to continue to make it worth reading in 2016!
Photo by Sheila Webber: finishing 2015 with a cute cat: my friend Maggie's cat Eliza

No comments: