Wednesday, August 22, 2018

#ECIL2018 programme published

The detailed programme for the European Conference on Information Literacy, being held in Oulu, Finland, next month, is online. I am involved in three presentations:
- What's My Approach? Deciding on the approach to use for your research (a workshop) (Sheila Webber and Pamela Ann McKinney)
- Researching Information in Everyday Life: The contribution of Autoethnography and Information Grounds Theory (Sheila Webber, Bill Johnston)
- Exploring the information world of non-resident informal carers (Sheila Webber, Pamela Ann McKinney)
My colleague Pam McKinney is also presenting
- The data and information literacy of runners: quantifying diet and activity (Pamela Ann McKinney, Andrew Cox, Laura Sbaffi)
I can only attend for the last 2 days, but Pam will be there for the whole conference, and Pam and I will both be liveblogging!
Additionally, my colleague Professor Peter Bath is presenting one of the keynotes Information behaviour in online health forums: the importance of trust and empathy in sharing information, experiences and emotions
Programme at https://www.conftool.pro/ecil2018/sessions.php

No comments: