Monday, November 26, 2018
Recent articles: information warfare; learning analytics; IL skills; people searching for others
- Lynch, C. (2018). Managing the Cultural Record in the Information Warfare Era. Educause Review, 53(6) 94-95. https://er.educause.edu/articles/2018/10/managing-the-cultural-record-in-the-information-warfare-era (Interesting perspective from this long-time industry expert)
- Oakleaf, M. (2018). Library Integration in Institutional Learning Analytics (LIILA). (just published) https://library.educause.edu/resources/2018/11/library-integration-in-institutional-learning-analytics
- Hebert, A. (2018). Information Literacy Skills of First-Year Library and Information Science Graduate Students: An Exploratory Study. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 13(3), 32-52. https://doi.org/10.18438/eblip29404
- Selwyn, N., Johnson, N., Nemorin, S. & Knight, E. (2016). Going online on behalf of others: an investigation of ‘proxy’ internet consumers. Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, Sydney, Australia. http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/83436/ "using online services and applications on behalf of other adults who otherwise make limited use of the internet ... despite proxy internet users commonly involving themselves in important and/or ‘risky’ online activities – e.g. banking, personal finances and purchasing goods, few have considered the possible implications of their help to both themselves, or the person they are assisting."
- Parrigin, J. (2017). From request to assess: using cloud-based tools for the library instruction lifecycle. Library Hi Tech News, 34(6), 14-20. https://doi.org/10.1108/LHTN-05-2017-0024 (priced)
Photo by Sheila Webber: roses in the kitchen, November 2018