Saturday, December 11, 2021

Other blogs: Guest lecturing; Academic skills

Highlighting another couple of posts from other people's blogs:
- National University of Ireland, Galway. (2021, 3 December). Service of the Month: Academic Skills and the Academic Writing Centre. http://hardimanlibrary.blogspot.com/2021/12/service-of-month-academic-skills-and.html "The Academic Skills Team in the Library supports the information and research needs of NUI Galway undergraduate and taught postgraduate students." They quote the CILIP definition of information literacy and give examples of their resources and services.
- Reece. (2021, 15 November) Learning from Lecturing. BizLibratory. https://bizlibratory.wordpress.com/2021/11/15/learning-from-lecturing/ "Recently I had my first experience as a guest lecturer. The students were from a variety of social sciences areas and included (non-business) undergraduate students at all levels. ... This experience also got me thinking about what I could learn from guest lecturing and bring back to the research instruction I do, as well as how to integrate similar types of teaching into my work more regularly. I wanted to share some things I have learned from working on this lecture that I hope to apply to all my teaching." [Author is a business librarian at a Canadian University]
Photo by Sheila Webber: hedges and leaves, November 2021

No comments: