Sunday, August 10, 2008

IFLA Information Literacy Section

For the last couple of days I have been in Canada, where I was taking part in one of the Training the Trainers seminars. I will do a couple of posts about this. The seminar is taking place immediately before the IFLA World Information Conference, which I'm not attending, although I did attend a committee meeting and later today I will be reporting on the launch of the new logo for information literacy. On the first day of the seminar, Sylvie Chevillotte (current Chair of the IFLA Information Literacy Section) gave information about the IFLA IL section, which started in 2002. The website is at http://www.ifla.org/VII/s42/index.htm
Sylvie highlighted the online resources directory which I have mentioned a few times before http://www.infolitglobal.info and the IFLA guidelines for IL which are available in English and a few other languages in a link from the section’s web page. Finally there is the section newsletter, which only comes out a couple of times a year, but is interesting (I normally link to it on this blog when a new one is published, again you can access past issues from the website).
Photo by Sheila Webber: "Je ne suis pas un banc" [I am not a seat] (label on a wooden sculpture in a craft pavilion, Qubec, Canada, August 2008)

No comments: